Loftsails SpeedBlades have consistently logged official 50-knot + speeds, winning events such as the prestigious Luderitz-Canal challenge in Namibia. SpeedBlades are not just for heavyweights either. They’re super efficient and comfortable across a range of wind conditions and proven to enhance lighter riders speeds-per-kilo-of-bodyweight. Speedsailing legend Erik Beale, Loftsails Speed Team and Speed Product Manager, reports that the 2017 models also excel on both tighter courses as well as on deep, downwind strips. Acceleration and momentum are second to none, plus the huge tuning band, wind range and RDM/SDM compatibility options make for a compelling, versatile weapon to smash your PB into a new level.
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams – Maintain stability and define shape profiles
- Blade mast-pocket construction features mast panel and 2-mm. Triax mast-pocket sides (3 layers) that are tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings) –Therefore downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket, resulting in the Speedblade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- Blade mast-pocket construction – Equalized loading between the mast panel (interior) and the pocket (exterior) – The result is tensioned, firm mast pockets, exceptional durability, rotation eas
- 4-mm. Dimension Polyant monofilm body panels – proven superior performance
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content according to performance. The top 3 are specialized 100% carbon tubes –Carbon tubes deliver superior stiffness to maximize stability for your upper end
- Slick Tekcam2 rotation. (Tekcam2 Large for SDM also supplied) – Easy cam rotation makes your windsurfing experience more enjoyable
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Centered battens in X-Ply sleeves. (Alternate pocket sides) – Using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes asymmetric character of Dacron batten pocket construction that, due to Dacron stretch, allows the batten to stay on the sail side. Pockets made with laminate pockets force the batten to stay centered. This is important to keep the sail symmetrical. – If all batten pockets are Dacron, and mounted on the same side of the sail – the sail will be biased to one tack and rotate unevenly. Loftsails X-Ply batten pockets that alternate sides limit asymmetric character.
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve during falls, keeping the rig light for a fast recovery
- RDM/SDM compatible – Both mast types fully compatible to maximize your windsurfing experience
- 7-mm. monofilm vertical internal panel (inside mast-pocket) – For profile stability