DEDICATED FOIL SAIL
Windsurfing has gone to another dimension - flying free of the water’s surface. Foiling is new and the Skyscape is newly built for it. Sails for foil designs are best light, with low end grunt and superior upwind character. The Skyscape design package includes 5 battens with 3 cams and a low outline configuration. Skyscape sail profile exhibits pronounced forward orientation - augmenting the low-end grunt needed in light winds to pop up and go. Softer & more forward-oriented batten systems with a slightly firmer leech perfectly match the more front-foot oriented stance associated with foiling. The Skyscape 2018 is pure foil efficiency.
- Unique SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with all sizes.
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs.
- Full tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end of the wind range.
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote assymetrical rotation.
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery.
- Blade mast pocket construction - pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity.
- Kevlar strip applications - profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity.
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design - easy rotation and gentle to your mast.
Design Testimonial by Monty Spindler
“Easy, accessible performance foiling
Design Testimonial by Fernando Martínez del Cerro Delgado
“The Skyscape is the first ever sail specifically design for Foiling from Loftsails. The Skyscape is a 5
batten / 3 Cam Sail, its is stable at high speeds or gusty winds but its also powerful and soft to
pump into planning in lighter winds, allowing a great foiling experience and a huge wind Range.”