The totally new Skyblades are 7-batten 4-cam high aspect designs that are a development step from the Loftsails Skyscapes. Skyblades combine enhanced stability with the powerful, pump-able Skyscape design package. The additional batten and cam shift these new sails to the upper-end performance level of competitive windfoiling.
The firm Skyscape exhaust (leech twist) generates phenomenal upwind and downwind angles. These are cutting-edge designs for cutting-edge windfoil racing.
- Large transparent foot panel to maintain visibility during competition
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle on your mast
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim marker - leech release reference: dial into your sailing conditions
Foiling has become my focus. Foiling is fantastic! With competitive foil sail designs in constant evolution, we introduce the new Skyblades — dedicated foil racing at the cutting edge.
Frequently asked questions?
Find the answers of your Skyblade 2020 questions
Just click the box below.