3-CAM PERFORMANCE FREERACE
Generated from the successful 2017 edition, the new Switchblade 2018 leads the field again by taking it to the next level of performance in free ride sailing. Renowned for having the widest range of its class, the Switchblade transforms from a low-end powerhouse to a top-end racing weapon thanks to its wide tuning range. For 2018 Loftsails introduces two Switchblades: SWITCHBLADE HD: ultimate longevity and reduced weight- full xply: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4-mil biax window panels, and 3.5-mil biax body panels. SWITCHBLADE: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5-mil mono window and 4- mil bi-ply body panels. The Switchblade 2018 is tuned race elasticity that one can feel.
- Unique SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with sizes 8.6 and down.
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs.
- Full tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end of the wind range.
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote assymetrical rotation.
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery.
- Blade mast pocket construction - pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity.
- Kevlar strip applications - profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design - easy rotation and gentle to your mast.
Design Testimonial by Monty Spindler
“Freerace made fast and easy. Proven performance.”