Loftsails’ Speed Blades are dedicated speed designs that have consistently broken the “50-knot barrier”. Loftsails Speed Blades won events such as the prestigious Luderitz-Canal challenge in Namibia. Speed Blades are developed with Speedsailing legend Erik Beale, Loftsails’ Speed Team and Speed Product Manager. Similar to Racing Blades in design, Speed Blades are tuned with slightly more upper leech release to suit downwind courses typical of serious speed sailing courses.
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams– defines profile and augments stability
- Blade mast-pocket construction features mast panel and 2 mil triax xply mast-pocket sides (3 layers) that are tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings)– therefore downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the Speed Blade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- 4 mil Dimension Polyant monofilm body panels – proven superior performance
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content according to performance. The top 3 are specialized 100% carbon tubes Carbon tubes deliver superior stiffness to maximize stability for your upper end
- Unique Sdm and Rdm mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with all sizes
- Metallic cam interfaces– MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote assymetrical rotation.
- Neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers– the rig is streamlined for improved speeds
- RDM/SDM compatible – Both mast types fully compatible to maximize your windsurfing experience
- 7 mil monofilm vertical internal panel (inside mast-pocket)– profile stability
Design Testimonial by Monty Spindler
“Evolution never stops, the Speed Blade is evolution in velocity.”