FORMULA RACING MACHINE
The Loftsails BladeFR has a long and proven history in Formula racing: Dennis Littel's incredible ten successive titles, and Fernando Martinez's six Spanish Formula championships.
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams – defines profile and augments stability
- Blade mast pocket construction features mast panel and 2 mil triax X-Ply mast pocket sides (3 layers) tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings) – downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the BladeFR’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior top-end stability
- Metallic Cam Interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides - using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimises the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centred. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – the rig is streamlined for improved speeds
- 7 mil monofilm vertical internal panel (inside mast pocket) – profile stability
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim diamond - leech-release reference: dial into your sailing conditions
Design Testimonial by Fernando Martinez Del Cerro Delgado
The latest Blade FR was a big step forward in terms of acceleration and small sail feeling. For 2019 We change the outline of the sails, biggest thing you can notice is that we made the boom slightly longer. This is making it a bit more stable when going full upwind and full downwind.
Design Testimonial by Monty Spindler
Refined for control -Formula competition made easy.
"When you have a technical related product question."Write a question
"Learn and understand our products better."Learn more
"When you want to buy online direct out of stock."Buy now
"Sorry to hear this happened, let's work out a solution"Apply
Share your feedback
"Help us to improve to make our products even better than they are."Give feedback
"Visit your nearest local shop who stock Loftsails."Find out