Sizes: 9.3 8.5 7.8 7.3 6.8 6.3 5.8 5.0
The Loftsails Switchblade is the easiest-to-use camber-induced sail on the market.
Famed for its energy-efficient ‘elasticity’, the 2016 Switchblade once again proved to be the reference for freerace sails by winning the prestigious Coupe de Coeur title in Planche Mag. With the stability of cams and easy-to-access performance, the Switchblade poses a genuine threat to dedicated slalom sails – and is even PWA registered – with many lighter pros and national level racers preferring the concentration gains and energy saved by using a more manageable foil in serious competition environments.
Renowned as having the widest range of its class, the Switchblade transforms from low-end powerhouse into a top-end thoroughbred racing weapon thanks to a broad tuning band applied mainly via downhaul. Since Monty Spindler applied advances made in the speed and racing programs to the 2017 edition, the Switchblade has taken a step further with new materials and totally re-worked profiles that expand trim reactivity significantly with stunning effect.
• Tube battens – Stability for the upper end of the wind range
• Slick Tekcam2 rotation. (Tekcam2 Large for SDM also supplied) –
Easy cam rotation makes your windsurfing experience more enjoyable.
• Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
• Centered battens in X-Ply sleeves. (Alternate pocket sides) – Using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes asymmetric character of Dacron batten pocket construction that, due to Dacron stretch, allows the batten to stay on the sail side. Pockets made with laminate pockets force the batten to stay centered. This is important to keep the sail symmetrical. If all batten pockets are Dacron, and mounted on the same side of the sail, the sail will want to stay on one tack more than the other, rotate to one side easier than rotation to the other side. Loftsails X-Ply batten pockets that alternate sides limit asymmetric character.
• Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve during falls, keeping the rig light for a fast recovery
• Unique, super durable full IYU250 4-part mast-pocket construction – The perfect material between your mast and the elements
• Exclusive 3.5-mm. Biax upper body panels – Resists damage from impacts and UV and reduce weight
• 5-mm. Triax-laminate foot panels – For steadier handling and added drive in turns
|Size||Luff||Boom||Vario Top||Sail Weight (kg.)||Ext. (cm.)||Teckam2||Battens||Reccomended Mast|
|5,0||398||180||YES||4,67||28||3||6||370 Team Edition RDM/SDM|
|5,8||422||186||YES||4,88||22||3||6||400 Team Edition RDM/SDM|
|6,3||440||192||NO||5,09||10||3||6||430 Team Edition RDM/SDM|
|6,8||456||200||NO||5,26||26||3||6||430 Team Edition RDM/SDM|
|7,3||476||206||NO||5,5||16||3||6||460 Team Edition RDM/SDM|
|7,8||492||214||NO||5,9||32||3||7||460 Team Edition SDM/RDM|
|8,5||508||220||NO||6,13||18||3||7||490 Team Edition SDM/RDM|
|9,3||524||228||NO||6,31||34||3||7||490 Team Edition SDM/RDM|
Loftsails IMCS mast bend-curve specs have been consistently produced across the range since 2000. The current production technique and component materials have remained unchanged since 2007, so all Loftsails masts and sails produced since then are fully compatible.